Vivo Plus Helmet
If you’re trying to choose between Scott’s top-tier enduro helmet offerings, we’d say it’s worth making the jump to one of the models equipped with new MIPS technology. The Vivo Plus Helmet doesn’t come with as much extended coverage as its pricier sibling, the Stego, but it’ll put a smaller dent in your wallet and it weighs a few grams less. Despite the lower price, it still comes with the added reassurance of MIPS, or Multi Directional Impact Protection System. This relatively new Swedish technology is added to the helmet in the form of an extremely thin inner liner, which rotates slightly upon impact to absorb the brain-damaging rotational energy created in certain crashes.
Aside from MIPS, you’ll also gain protection from the helmet’s lightweight, In-Mold polycarbonate shell, which is fused to an inner layer of EPS foam to act as a barrier against roots, rocks, and any other manner of trail obstacles your head might come in contact with during a crash or reckless descent. Scott also includes its adaptable MRAS2 fit system, allowing you to fine-tune the fit of the helmet with the simple twist of a dial before or during a ride. Added features like extensive venting and an adjustable visor make sure the helmet keeps you comfortable throughout a wide range of riding conditions.
- Safety meets style in this trail-ready enduro helmet
- In-mold shell is fused to EPS foam layer for added protection
- MIPS technology rotates to reduce force of impact
- MRAS2 fit system dials in an exact fit in seconds
- Substantial ventilation keeps your head cool on warm days
- Adjustable visor helps you adapt to the day’s conditions
- Shell Material: In-Mold polycarbonate
- Impact Foam: EPS
- Ventilation: optimized vents
- Fit Adjustment: MRAS2
- Visor: yes
- Full Face: no
- Certifications: CPSC
- Claimed Weight: 12.3oz (350g)
- Manufacturer Warranty: 2 years limited
There are no reviews yet.